RSS

AECS 2009, The Speech Contests and An explainable moments and memories

This is the first event I involved in this year. Being one of the staffs of the speech contest was very amazing for me. I become the speech staff with Alkomarawan Yulizar (Izar), Gellar Ramadhan, Ayu Puspitawati Fitri Rizki and Teh Uswatun Khasanah (Teh Atun) as our coordinator.

At the beginning, I felt a bit confused, since I didn't even know what to do in the contests. I came to many coordination meetings and still didn't really understand it briefly. Fortunately, I have a very helpful smart friend, Ajeng. As one of the steering Committees, She helped the work of my section so much. She always be with us whenever we're in trouble.
Day by day, as the times went by I found that it's interesting to have another activities besides my study in class. I met many new people with various characteristics and talents.
I finally saw my seniors in another points of view. When I was in UPI for the first months, I found it was a bit annoying to see many seniors being foolish, bastard and proud. But then when I knew them closer, I realized that they are so much better than I expected before.

But the way we faced was not so good. There were so many troubles in the week of competitions. We faced many unsatisfied contestants complaining about the contest, The misunderstanding between the staffs, and much more pushy moments that I can't tell you briefly.

But the more problems made us stronger and more solid. We worked hard, and It's time to be proud for our job.
And for me, this opportunity has a much more meanings. Seeing the contestants' performances made me realize once more that nothing impossible as long as we try. I once gave up of myself. But I promise never to even think of it anymore.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment